Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Wine + Mask Wednesday (Blue Fin Chardonnay + Juara Turmeric Antioxidant Radiance Mask)

Yay for another Wine and Mask Wednesday - this week's theme of the week is "Made in the U.S.A" 

My Mask of the Week is:
Juara Turmeric Antioxidant Radiance Mask

Juara Skincare Turmeric Antioxidant Radiance Facial Mask ~ sample size 0.34 oz for $4.19 (full size is 3 oz for $37). A must for radiant skin, JUARA’s Turmeric Antioxidant Radiance Mask utilizes the proven power of Indonesian turmeric. This powerful mask detoxifies, brightens and strengthens stressed, tired, dull-looking skin in one single application. Turmeric extract works to brighten and even out skin tone while providing antioxidant protection, kaolin clay purifies skin and refines pores and a touch of candlenut oil is added to soften and nurture skin. This unique mask is a great instant pick me up!

I received this mask as an add-on with points in an Ipsy bag - I have recently touched on this in my Month of Masks post, but thought it should be fully reviewed! 


Juara Turmeric Antioxidant Radiance Mask


"This mask was inspired by on of the most famous Indonesian Spa Treatments -the Royal Bridal Treatment, known as “Lulur Treatment”) where the Princess was treated and pampered from head to toe the day before she was to be married. The “Lulur Treatment” features Turmeric and other botanicals, so that the Princess would look her most beautiful and glowing on her wedding day."

To apply this mask you wash face and dry skin, then apply a layer of this cream mask and allow to sit on the skin for 10-15 minutes, rinse off mask well. The website also suggests that as an alternative you can try this as a sleep mask.

Here is a look at the mask initially applied, and then 15 minutes later:


This mask does warn that it can feel tingly to some people, and it is slightly tingly - it is also slightly warming on the skin. I liked the feeling and it absorbed quickly in to the skin. It rinsed off well and made my skin look good - my husband actually commented on how good my skin looked a little while after! I like this and it made my skin super soft too! 

Now, to pair my Made in the USA Mask with a Made in the USA Wine:
blue fin chardonnay

Blue Fin Chardonnay ~ $3.99 - on sale at Trader Joes when we were in California! Blue Fin Chardonnay features elegant flavors of fig, tropical fruit and spice, with just a hint of vanilla. This is a truly refreshing wine. 

I like that this wine also described as having a little spice - pairs well with the turmeric in my mask! This wine can best be described as a typical California Chardonnay with the typical "buttery" texture. It nice and light in colour. 



To me, this wine is just okay... it has a very tart finish, almost bordering on a sour finish. I'm not generally a fan of Chardonnay and this didn't help change my mind about that. But if you like Chardonnay and this is still $3.99 at your Trader Joes (which Canada is sadly missing) then it might be worth trying! 

No comments :

Post a Comment