Monday, January 25, 2016

January Ipsy Glambag - Review and Unboxing

Ipsy is one of the original inexpensive beauty bag sample subscriptions. You receive 4-5 deluxe sample size or full size products each month. The cost is $10 US (+ $4.95 shipping to Canada - you will have to factor in our crazy exchange rate right now!)

Ipsy is generally make-up products with a mix of skincare, nail polish, and hair products based on a beauty profile you complete. There is usually 12-18 products that are selected from each month! You can view your "glam room" online that tells you all the products you will receive each month. You also receive a make-up bag each month with your products.

Ipsy always ships out in it's signature pink mailer, and here is a look at what came inside! 
January Ipsy Glambag - Review and Unboxing

I can't decide if I love or hate this bag - the pattern is kind of cute, but I'm not thrilled with the colors! But I am sure I will find a use for it! This month's theme is "All Eyes On You" - so I'm guessing it will have lots of eye products which is awesome! 

Looks like a good mix of products! Here is a closer look:

Mitchell and Peach English Leaf Body Cream ~ sample size 30 ml for £6 (approx. $12.17 CAN), full size is 180 ml for £36. This indulgent body cream, containing honey, organic cocoa and Vitamin B5, rubs in easily, without stickiness. Delicately scented with the lush, aromatic English Leaf fragrance - a classical ‘green floral’ with an English twist.

This is fine - it's body lotion, so not something I'm thrilled to receive but I will use it. I would never repurchase for the price though, even if I loved it. 

Hey Honey Skincare Open Your Eyes Eye Contour Lifting Fluid ~ sample size 0.27 oz for $15.12 (full size is 0.5 oz for $28). Wake up your eyes and minimize the appearance of fine lines in an instant with this super light firming gel. Open Your Eyes is designed to reduce puffiness, hydrate and tighten the skin around the eyes upon application for a visibly lifted effect.

Eye cream is something I don't see too often in my subscriptions so I am looking forward to using this - I have been a fan of other Hey Honey products since receiving them in past bags! This is a great sample size as well. 


Hikari Cosmetics Cream Metallic Pigment Shadow - "Mink" ~ full size $13. Bring elegance to your fingertips with this cream-to-powder eyeshadow. The color is highly pigmented and stays true to color all day long. It has a super lightweight feel and goes on extra smooth.

Mink is described as "bright bronze with shimmer". I am not the biggest fan of cream shadows, so I am going to pass this on. 

theBalm Cosmetics Mr. Write (Now) in "Jac B. Bronze" ~ full size $17. These pencils deliver the long-lasting color you've been looking for, and have built-in sharpeners so they are always ready when you are. With high payoff, eight wearable shades, and a satin smooth texture, we understand why your eyes wander- but rest assured, your eyeliner won't!

I was really excited when I saw these as the spoilers for the month! I have really loved other goodies I have tried from The Balm - the other color you could have received was a deep purple shade. I like the idea of a built-in liner too! I have found the other color on a swap site and think I will do a separate review when I have both! 

Beau Gâchis® Paris - Smudge Brush ~ full size $12. This Beau Gâchis® Paris Smudge Brush is ideal for creating that soft, smoldering smoky look. The shorter bristles allow this brush to pick up the right amount of shadow, allowing you to control how much you want to apply.

This brush is so soft! And, I like the smaller bristles and shape of this brush - I think it will be great to use! 


Ipsy came with 5 products (3 full sized), and a total value of $69.29. This is a really high value for the bag and I am happy that 3 of the 5 products are full sized. This bag had a really great variety and overall stuck with the theme pretty well. I am excited for the eyeliner, brush, and eye cream and I will use the lotion - the only item I will pass on is the cream shadow! 

What did you think of the January Ipsy bag? What items did you get?

No comments :

Post a Comment