Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Wine + Mask Wednesday (Sleeping Giant Blueberry Wine + Mizon King to the Kong No. 1 Moist King Berry Mask Sheet)

Alright, I can't be the only wine-o in the blogging world! You guys should know by now, that I think I have made Wednesdays awesome! Who doesn't want to celebrate making it to mid-week with a glass of wine and a good skin refresher?! I know it makes me look forward to Wednesdays!




I'm pairing this berry mask with some berry wine! 


My wine this week is from another amazing Okanagan fruit winery:

Sleeping Giant Blueberry Wine ~ $15. 
Sleeping Giant is on the "Bottleneck Drive" wine route through Summerland, B.C. - if you every get a chance, there is some amazing wineries on this route! I love going to Sleeping Giant because it is attached to a syrup/jam factory "Summerland Sweets" - where I took a look of school field trips as a kid! 


The Blueberry wine is described as:
"A wine with the flavor and rich aroma of BC's famous blueberries. Unique in color, off dry with a good acid balance."

This wine is delicious - if you haven't tried a fruit wine, I recommend it! Sweet, but not too sweet! All the wines here are good - it's too hard to pick a favorite! 

Now, what is a berry wine without a berry mask?

Mizon King to the Kong No. 1 Moist King's Berry Mask Sheet ~ $2.92 (5 for $14.59 on Amazon). This mask is described as a moisturizing facial mask that brightens skin for a hydrated glow!

I have heard so many great things about Mizon products so I was excited to try this mask! I was a little surprised when I opened up the mask to see that there was 2 layers - one is just a protective layer I guess? I just peeled it off.

This mask (like most sheet masks) was easy to use - just wash and tone face then apply mask. I found this mask fit big, but the 3D shape and tabs help secure it to my face:

This suggests being left on for 15-20 minutes. I went for the full 20 minutes and as the essence soaked in to my skin, the mask started to lift but when 20 minutes was over, most of the essence was absorbed - nothing to pat in and no sticky residue.

This is not my favorite mask in terms of best fit, but it really delivered on the moisture! I ordered a few, so I will happily use it again! 

No comments :

Post a Comment