Monday, March 21, 2016

March 2016 Ipsy Glambag - Unboxing and Review

Ipsy is one of the original inexpensive beauty bag sample subscriptions. You receive 4-5 deluxe sample size or full size products each month. The cost is $10 US (+ $4.95 shipping to Canada - you will have to factor in our crazy exchange rate right now!)

Ipsy is generally make-up products with a mix of skincare, nail polish, and hair products based on a beauty profile you complete. There is usually 12-18 products that are selected from each month! You can view your "glam room" online that tells you all the products you will receive each month. You also receive a make-up bag each month with your products.

This month's bag is really cute - and the theme this month is "Hello Spring"! 
March 2016 Ipsy Glambag - Unboxing and Review

Hmmm... there was some really great sneak peeks this month, but I didn't seem to get any of them. Here is a closer look at this month's products:


March 2016 Ipsy Glambag - Unboxing and Review

Be a Bombshell Baked Bronzer in Heat Wave ~ full sized $16.00 for 0.23 oz. Baked minerals refined into a powder formula with sheer, lightweight application. Highly-pigmented, luminous color that builds lightly to enhance the cheekbones with a soft shimmer.

I believe this is a full sized product - it is a new product from Be a Bombshell, but I'm just not in to the shade or bronzers overall. It does fit the Hello Spring theme, but I am going to pass this on. 

March 2016 Ipsy Glambag - Unboxing and Review

Model Co. Lip Lacquer Lip Gloss in "Socialite" ~ sample size 1.5 ml for $12.00 (full size is 3ml for $24.00). Create a long-wearing, highly pigmented pout with ModelCo LIP LACQUER Lip Gloss. The dense, high-colour gloss lends a luxe touch to your beauty look, and glides on smoothly for a non-sticky, long-lasting finish.

This is quite a small sample for being half of the size of the full sized product - this is too bright for me. I'm going to pass this on. 

IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye® Anti-Aging Concealer in "Neutral Medium" ~ sample size 0.11 oz for $9.43 (full size is 0.28 oz for $24.00). An award-winning anti-aging, full coverage treatment concealer that delivers highly pigmented, natural-looking, perfect coverage. Bye Bye Under Eye® uses Anti-Aging technology to help treat the appearance of lines, wrinkles and discoloration, conceal dark circles, age spots and redness, conceal facial imperfections without settling into lines and wrinkles; and helps to diffuse the appearance of wrinkles instantly.

This is one of the items this month that I am happy to receive this month! This concealer is very highly reviewed and I am excited to try this! 

March 2016 Ipsy Glambag - Unboxing and Review

Evologie Intensive Blemish Serum ~ sample 0.33 oz for $23.10 (full size is 0.5 oz for $35.00). This Intensive Blemish Serum rapidly banishes visible blemishes, discoloration and surface scars without irritating or drying your skin. The doctor-developed YS3 COMPLEX penetrates the skin, going straight to the source to eliminate trapped bacteria, dirt, and oil, delivering natural skin-repairing ingredients and intense hydrators where they are needed most.

I would call this more of a spot treatment rather than a full face serum. This is the other item I am happy to receive. I don't have bad acne by any means but I do like a good spot treatment so I will happily use this! 

OFRA Cosmetics "Green Go" Eyeliner ~ full size $13.00. OFRA’s Green Go Eyeliner is a gorgeous eyeliner that applies smoothly and easily on the eyes with a velvety finish. Not only is this pencil perfect in complimenting your eye makeup but it can also be used as an eye shadow or a bold lip liner. The creativity is completely in your hands.

Oh when I saw green eyeliner, I was so mad! But, this is actually a really nice olive green colour and I do not have an eyeliner in this shade. I'm undecided if I am going to use this or pass it on! 

Ipsy came with 5 products (2 full sized), and a total value of $73.53. This is a high value and I am happy with that. It does have a good variety, but I'm not happy with the majority of the products I received. I saw so many great sneak peeks and didn't get anything fabulous in my bag. I'm happy with the concealer and serum, and everything else is blah. 

What did you think of the March Ipsy bag? What items did you get?

No comments :

Post a Comment