Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Wine + Mask Wednesday (Copper Moon Sauvignon Blanc + Passport To Beauty Gold Radiance Mask)

Yay Wednesday - I found some Wine again this week so things are looking up around here! (just kidding, my basement renos are going to last forever, but at least I scrounged up a glass of wine for the evening!) This week's theme is "gold"!

Here is a look at my Mask of the Week:
Passport to Beauty - Gold Radiance Luxury Facial Mask with Collagen and Rose Oil

Passport to Beauty - Gold Radiance Luxury Facial Mask with Collagen and Rose Oil ~ 1 mask for $32.50 ($65 for 2 mask set). Egyptians believed the healing powers of gold could cure all manner of physical, mental and spiritual ailments. Romans used gold preparations for treatment of skin lesions and sores. It is believed that Cleopatra wore pure gold for a radiant complexion. In ancient Chinese medicine, gold was the secret to youthful skin. 

The Passport To Beauty Gold Radiance Luxury Facial Mask is specially formulated with luxurious colloidal gold along with collagen to promote your skin’s natural beauty. The surface of the mask is coated with a gold essence and infusion of Rosa Damascena, a fragrant, pink-flowering plant that yields rose petals that provide the precious rose essential oil, regarded to be more precious than gold.

I received this mask in a past FabFitFun box, and holy moly I would never spend this on 2 masks so it better be magic on my skin! 

Passport to Beauty - Gold Radiance Luxury Facial Mask with Collagen and Rose Oil

Passport to Beauty - Gold Radiance Luxury Facial Mask with Collagen and Rose Oil

This mask applies like all other sheet masks - wash face and tone skin, apply mask, leave on for 20 minutes, remove, and complete skincare routine. 

I know some people are anti-hydrogel masks, but I actually like the texture of them! They are weird and rubbery, but are really cool and calming on the skin! Sure, they are a little harder to fit on the face but overall the feeling is good. This actually lasted over 45 minutes on my face and still had essence in it, but it wasn't drenched so it didn't really slip and slide too much on my face while I was wearing it! It did make my skin look brighter, and I did like it. Sadly, I didn't like the price tag, and would only repurchase if it made me look 5 years younger with every use! 

Now, to pair with my gold mask, I found a golden yellow wine:
Copper Moon Sauvignon Blanc

Copper Moon Sauvignon Blanc ~ $8.79. Harvested under the light of the moon, this unique wine delivers the unexpected - a cool fresh taste that captures the mystery of the night itself. Its vivacious personality shines through notes of citrus, passion fruit and gooseberry.

Ahh, a cool and fresh wine to pair with my cool fresh mask! 


This wine is a nice golden yellow and is actually quite good. When you pay $9 for a bottle of wine, you aren't expecting the world but this was yummy! It paired nicely with a heavier dinner and also was easy-drinking on the couch while wearing a mask. It has a deep citrus note that gives it a crisp finish!

2 comments :

  1. I have those masks too, I'll have to try them soon! But I agree about the price, I would never buy that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the price is crazy! They were fun to use, but not worth $30 - much better to use when you don't pay full price for them!

      Delete