Friday, February 5, 2016

Five on Friday - February 5, 2016

Happy Friday everyone! Hope everyone has had a great week - mine has been good, surprisingly quiet this week (which I will not complain about at all!)

ONE




Let's chat about the big announcement of the week - Birchbox Canada! Here is there Facebook announcement (because as a yearly subscriber I did not even get the courtesy of an email from the company):

"We are so sad to let you know that we have made the difficult decision to put our Canada operations on hold. We love our Canadian customers, but with the current exchange rate and high shipping costs, we can't create the Birchbox experience at a price that is fair to you. We will do what we can to make that a possibility; until then, please know that we sincerely appreciate your support and enthusiasm for Birchbox, and we plan to take good care of our Canadian subscribers as we wind down in this market.
For all Birchbox subscribers, February 2016 will be your last shipment.
If you have a monthly subscription, you will no longer be billed after February. If you have an annual subscription, you will be credited the remaining value of your subscription in Birchbox Points or a refund.
You have until April 30, 2016 to spend all your Birchbox Points (including your current points and those credited from your subscription)."

There is a whole lot wrong with this announcement - again, no direct contact at all! And, your yearly subscription will be reimbursed in POINTS?! Hell no! 

I did email them to argue this, and to their benefit, they did respond immediately and reimburse my money on my credit card. But, in my opinion, we should not have to request this. I don't think this whole situation was handled well at all. Ugh. This month will be my last Birchbox Canada. 

TWO

Okay, this is going to sound super lame/hilarious, but tonight the family is going to watch the "WWE Road to Wrestlemania" tonight! My cousin is Tyler Breeze and he was recently called up to wrestle on the WWE roster from NXT. This will be my first time seeing him wrestle live and while I don't follow WWE, it will be so awesome to see him in person!! 

THREE

Woo hoo - I won a prize pack from Kaitlyn Elizabeth Beauty for an Essence Prize Pack! I am so excited to dig in to these goodies! 

FOUR

Alright my new favorite things are Quinoa Breakfast Bowls! These are easy and so yummy! Simply cook quinoa, add milk and toppings of your choice - mmmm! I used unsweetened coconut milk and coconut whipped cream with fruit toppings. These are awesome because you can pre-make them ahead of time. If you check out my Pinterest page, I pinned a few great recipes for these breakfast bowls for inspiration!  

FIVE
Last, but not least, I am so excited! We are going to Anaheim and Palm Springs next week! Yay! Disneyland, Universal Studios, Shopping and being with friends! I am so excited for this trip!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! 

2 comments :

  1. I'm really disappointed that we are losing Birchbox Canada but especially disappointed in the way that they handled their departure. I did receive an email from them but it was quite some time after I had already found out through the media that they would be ending their services here. Thankfully I just had a monthly subscription! Glad they refunded you your money though. It's crazy to think people would be willing to accept points rather than their money back, especially considering this is only the second month of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes everything was handled really wrong - especially that it went to the media days before they let subscribers know! not a good note to leave on

      Delete