Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Wine + Mask Wednesday (Lang Canadian Maple Wine + Skylake Brightening Mask Review)

Ahh, how I have missed my Wine and Mask Wednesday! My theme is a little obscure so you will have to work with my a little - it's "leafy" (give me a few weeks to get back in the groove, i'm hardly out of vacation mode!)




Here is my leafy wine:



Lang Vineyards - The  Original Canadian Maple Wine ~ $20.00. A lovely blend of Chardonnay and Canadian Maple Syrup. A light dessert wine with a smooth finish!

I haven't featured too many dessert wines, but I loooove them!

This wine is very unique and I love it because it seems truly Canadian - I know I love my maple syrup! When we toured the Lang Vineyards and tasted the wines, this was an obvious to take home; you won't find a wine like this anywhere else!

This wine is DELICIOUS!!! It is very sweet and has a great maple finish! It is great on it's own, or pour it over vanilla ice cream! If you get the chance and like dessert wines, this is a must try! 

Now, here is my leafy mask - this is a bit more of a stretch!

Skylake Face Mask - Brightening Care ~ $3.00. This face and neck mask is infused with a high percentage of the Skylake patented oriental herbal extracts from eighteen different herbs to help minimize surface build-up while also providing clean, radiant skin with the added albutin. This mask promotes healthy, hydrated skin without the use of parabens and other artificial additives.

I have been waiting to try Skylake masks for quite a while - I read really great reviews about them! 

Skylake has there own special blend of oriental herbs that are supposed to be amazing for the skin! 

This mask is used as all sheet masks: wash face, tone skin, apply mask, leave on for 20-30 minutes, remove and pat essence in to skin, complete skin care routine. 

Here is a look at the mask:

This mask actually comes with a second neck piece that you apply after the mask - here is a look:

I was surprised that this mask did not have a ton of essence, it was a little on the drier side and there was no extra essence in the package - the neck piece didn't adhere as well as I would have liked. It fit decent and was maybe a little big, but not too bad. It smelled a little herbally but wasn't bad. It lasted for 30 minutes and only had a little extra essence to pat in to the skin. Overall, this made my skin feel really great - it looked smoother and brighter! I will happily use this mask again. 

No comments :

Post a Comment