Saturday, October 24, 2015

September 2015 - Ipsy Glam Bag Unboxing and Review (Beauty Sample Subscription)

Ipsy is one of the inexpensive beauty bag sample subscriptions. You receive 4-5 deluxe sample size or full size products each month. The cost is $10 US (+ $4.95 shipping to Canada). 

Ipsy is generally make-up products with a mix of skincare, nail polish, and hair products based on a beauty profile you complete. There is usually 12-18 products that are selected from each month! You can view your "glam room" online that tells you all the products you will receive each month. You also receive a make-up bag each month with your products.

Ipsy arrived incredibly late for September - I left on the 26th and it had not arrived, and I returned home on October 10 and it had not arrived yet! I emailed Ipsy on October 12 and it arrived a couple of days after that! So frustrating - my bags the last few months have been super late! I hope they fix their shipping to Canada! I don't want to sound too whiny but not getting it at all was a pain! Here is a look at the September Ipsy bag:


This month's theme is "Face Fashion" - Smokier, deeper, richer. This September, leave the past behind and take the leap into fall with a Glam Bag made to inspire the perfect transition from summertime casual to autumn elegance. 

Finally I got GLAM GLOW!!! Here is a closer look at the products I received:

J. Cat Beauty - #MOTD Waterproof Slide on Pencil for Eyes in Bronze ~ full size $3.99. This eye-catching pencil has a soft & smooth formulation. It’s an eyeliner with an innovative staying power. A long-wearing, waterproof liner will keep your eyes inked and smudge free.

I was a little worried about the color of this eyeliner, but it's actually beautiful! It's got a gentle hint of shimmer and I can't wait to use it! Also, it does not smudge at all! 


Formula X Nail Color in "Ignite" ~ sample size 0.13 oz for $4.23 (full size is 0.4 oz for $13). Give your mani the royal treatment with Formula X’s The Cut Fall 2015. This collection features bestselling Ignite, a smoking red, and now four supremely stylish, next-level shades. Brush on Decadent, a rich chocolate brown, or flaunt Acclaimed, an elite nude cream shade—these unique lacquers will let nails stand out with their modern, classic look. Infused with ShineXcel ™, a luminescent ingredient that enhances color sheen and overall brilliance, each polish delivers Formula X’s patented No Compromise formulation for supreme, lasting, and ultra-saturated color with stunning shine. 

I like that this is a brand new color from the Fall 2015 collection! And this color is really pretty - I can't wait to use it! 

Not Soap, Radio - Emotional Well-Being Hand/Body Lotion in Liquid Freud ~ sample size 35ml for $1.68 (full size 375ml for $18). This luxe lotion is super-light and perfect for layering. You’ll experience silkier skin after application, and the non-greasy formula will make your skin healthy, wealthy and wise.

The scent of this is described as coconut milk, mango and vanilla. This smells good. I really enjoy the packaging of this product. I love hand creams and have little samples of them everywhere! 


GLAMGLOW Flashmud Brightening Treatment ~ sample size 0.5 oz for $22.35 (full size is 1.7 oz for $76). FLASHMUD BRIGHTENING TREATMENT is a multi-targeted, multi-sensorial, quick-results, new brightening experience. Designed for instant & extended results for men & women of all ages, all skin types and tones. With clever, multi-sized, built-in pre-exfoliator particles to improve ingredient absorption, FLASHMUD will instantly give you sexy brighter skin!

I am so excited to finally get some GLAMGLOW!!! So excited! And this is a new treatment, which again is nice to get newly released products! I can't wait to try this! 



NYX Cosmetics ipsy Eye Shadow Trio ~ approx. $9. This 3-color eye shadow palette gives you go-anywhere intensity day or night thanks to the highly pigmented formulations. Provides intense eye colors with a silky texture for seamless application for any eye look that you desire. It consists of 3 complementing eye shadows to wear together or alone.

I was really excited to see that this palette was made just for subscribers! Since this isn't available for sale, I just used the price of other trios! Here are swatches of the palette:

They have decent color pay off and I like that the lighter 2 are slightly shimmery and the dark color is matte. I'm looking forward to using this. 

Also, I cashed in 250 points for this:

Juara Skincare Turmeric Antioxidant Radiance Facial Mask ~ sample size 0.34 oz for $4.19 (full size is 3 oz for $37). A must for radiant skin, JUARA’s Turmeric Antioxidant Radiance Mask utilizes the proven power of Indonesian turmeric. This powerful mask detoxifies, brightens and strengthens stressed, tired, dull-looking skin in one single application. Turmeric extract works to brighten and even out skin tone while providing antioxidant protection, kaolin clay purifies skin and refines pores and a touch of candlenut oil is added to soften and nurture skin. This unique mask is a great instant pick me up!

Yay for more masks!!! This one sounds awesome and I am excited to try it! 

Ipsy came with 5 products (2 full sized), and a total value of $41.25. I am in love with this bag - it had a great variety of products and I will use all of them! I am impressed that one of the products is made exclusively for ipsy, and two more products are brand new this season! I have to say, this was worth the wait! 

If you would like to view my past Ipsy reviews, you can go here.

What did you think of the September Ipsy bag?

2 comments :

  1. I actually just got the same Ignite nail polish, and it's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete