Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Wine + Mask Wednesday (Elephant Island Little King Wine and SU:M37 White Award Bubble-De Mask Review)

The theme for this week's Wine + Mask Wednesday is "bubbly"! Bubbly wines and masks are both so fun! 





Bubble masks are too fun! 


Here is my Wine of the Week:


The Little King 2010- Methode Champenoise Sparkling Wine ~ $21.99. Soft and delicate notes of raspberry tickle the nose, crisp green apple flavors massage the palate. Love ... translated as wine. Delicous with seafood: prawns, lobster, oysters and sushi but perfect with anything or one that you love - anytime. The Little King was created in memory of Miranda + Del's infant son Rex Halladay, who died as a result of an unsafe sleeping situation in hospital. All proceeds from the sale of The Little King are donated to the 'Pediatric Nursing Education Fund'. Sales of the wine have raised over $70,000 in support of on-going nursing education designed to prevent accidents like those that claimed Rex's life.



I have featured Elephant Island wine before - it is some of my favourite! It is a fruit winery based in Naramata, B.C. 


This was a limited edition wine, with proceeds going to an amazing cause. Here is a closer look at the wine:

My thoughts: It is a very unique coloured wine and it was amazing! It is a sparkling wine so the bottle opens like champagne. I love apple wine, and this was great! Seriously, so delicious it is hard to describe the favour - sweet, tart, and sparkling all at the same time! 

Now, to pair with my bubbly wine, I found a bubbly mask:

SU:M37 White Award Bubble-De Mask ~ full size is 100 ml for $45.22 - this sample is worth approximately $2. Enriched with fermented ingredients NAPS, A-CAI, birch saps extract. Relaxes skin and creates clear and lively face. 

I received this in a Mask Genie pouch and have been super excited to try it - I have heard amazing things about SU:M37 products! 


This mask is easy to use: wash face, apply mask, allow to bubble, when bubbling stops and mask starts to disappear rinse off, and complete skincare routine.

Here is how the mask looks immediately out of package:

You have to apply this quick as it starts to bubble right away! Here is a look as soon as I applied the mask to my face:

Here is it after about 1 minute (full bubbled - this one didn't bubble up as much as some of the other carbonated masks I have tried, which was good - some have gotten too big!)

And here is a look when it is done, the mask starts to disappear:

My thoughts: I love the feeling of wearing bubbling masks - they feel like they are really deep cleaning your skin! This one was good because it didn't have a scent, and it bubbled but didn't get too crazy!) My skin felt clean and refreshed after use! This mask is a little pricey for my mask budget, but I have heard there are some great deals on these sample size ones, so I may scoop a few of those up!! 

No comments :

Post a Comment