Saturday, August 22, 2015

August 2015 Topbox - Canadian Beauty Subscription Box Review

TopBox is a Canadian Beauty Box Subscription - for $12 CDN a month with free shipping, you will receive 4 deluxe sample size or full size products. You fill out a beauty profile and generally receive products based on what you have identified in the profile. Also, every month you have the option to wish for a "prive" box, which is a box that focuses on one brand or product for the whole box.

TopBox is a Canadian company and only ships to Canada. The only downside to subscribing to TopBox is that there is a wait-list that can take a month or two to get off of.


For August, I opted for the regular Topbox. Here's a look:

It always comes in this purple mailer! This month's Topbox came with 5 items; every subscriber received a bonus Tresemme mousse.

Here is a look at all the items in the box:

TRESemme Perfectly (un)done Waves - Wave Creation Sea Foam ~ bonus item sample size. Create beautiful air-light waves with soft, natural-looking finish. This ultra-light Sea Foam, with Sea Kelp Extract, helps create natural-looking waves.

My hair doesn't wave if my life depended on it.. so I appreciate the bonus item, but will be passing this on.

Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray ~ full size 125ml for $12.99. Strictly Curls Beach Spray texturizes, boosts waves, adds body and volume, protects hair from the sun and creates a tousled finish. Hydrolyzed Silk and Provitamin B5 protects hair as it hydrates and leaves a shine.

I appreciate that this product is full size, but again for curly hair! Gahhh - this is my 3rd beach spray product and I can't use them! I will pass this on. 


La Rouche-Posay Lipikar Baume AP+ ~ sample size 15ml for $2.84 (full size is 200ml for $37.84). Lipid-replenishing balm. Anti-irritation. Anti-scratching. Fragrance-free. Paraben-free. Soothes immediately. Spaces out the flare-ups of severe dryness. 

I think this is just a big fancy description for lotion? It's quite a small sample that I will likely just use as a hand cream. 


Essie Mini Nail Lacquer in "Perennial Chic" ~ mini size 5ml for $3.70 (full size is 13.5ml for $9.99). This color is described as neutral peach-brown accented by crème rose highlights. 

This color is from the Spring 2015 collection. I usually enjoy getting nail polish, but I feel like I have gotten a few neutrals recently and I think I am going to pass this on. 

Model Co Shine Ultra Lipgloss in "Striptease" ~ full size $20. Create a glamorous, lacquered pout with ModelCo's SHINE Ultra Lip Gloss. The reflective, shimmering gloss lends a luxe touch to your beauty look, and glides on smoothly for a non-sticky, long-lasting finish. The tall thin bottle and smart inbuilt mirror makes SHINE Ultra Lip Gloss perfect for small handbags and on-the-go application.

I am almost overflowing with lipglosses and this looks pretty sheer. Most of the reviews advise that this should be worn over another color. I am going to pass this on. 

Topbox came with 5 products (2 full) with a total value of $39.53. I like the value of this box, but I do not really like or will use any of the items in this month's box. I hate to say I am disappointed - my last few months have been really great so I am hoping September is better! 

If you are interested, you can view my past Topbox reviews here!


What did you think of the August Topbox?

No comments :

Post a Comment