Wednesday, July 1, 2015

June 2015 - Month of Masks in Review

My Skincare Routine is very important to me - you can view my Daily and Nightly routines here if you are familiar with the Korean 10 Step skincare routine! Masks are a big part of this routine and since I have come to love this routine, I have incorporated so many new masks in to my routine! I love trying different brands and different types of masks! Hopefully after this post you love masks as much as I do!

Hope you enjoy reading about all the masks I have tried!

June 1

Lush Love Lettuce ~ $9.95. Love Lettuce is our exfoliating ground almond mask that scoops up dirt, oil and debris and washes it all away. Exfoliation is an important part of good skincare, as it removes the buildup of dead skin that can clog your pores and cause impurities. Love Lettuce is a great example of how just a few ingredients can make a fresh, effective product for the skin. We blend calming French lavender oil with seaweed and honey to nourish and soften skin, and to balance oily T-zones.

I featured this mask on a Skincare Sunday review - you can see the whole post here. (It was also on last month's Month in Mask post a couple of times!) It was very exfoliating and made my skin feel great, but it is a little hard to wash off. I had to use this up by June 3rd! 


June 1
Viicode O2M Oxygen Mask ~ $55 for 6 treatments. This mask works to make the skin around your eyes firm and smooth, thus eliminating wrinkles and lightening dark circles by strengthening and healing the skin.


I also reviewed these for a Skincare Sunday post - check it out here (Again, I have used these a couple of times on my Month of Masks last month!). They are eyes masks that you leave on for 8 hours (overnight) and they work their magic. I like to use them on a Sunday night so I look nice and refreshed for a Monday morning! 



June 3
The Face Shop Sparkling Apple Mask ~ $3. "Brightening and Lifting effect. Offers deep hydration and nutrients to your skin."

I featured this mask on a Wine and Mask Wednesday - you can see the full review here. The sparkling mask left a touch of a tingle on my face and I thought it left my skin nice and hydrated! This mask also smelled really good!


June 5
Baviphat Strawberry Toxifying Mask ~ $15 - $20. "This deep cleansing wash-off clay mask helps to tighten pores, control sebum and give relief to troubled skin. The Baviphat Strawberry Toxifying Mask contains strawberry extract (sebum control and acne prevention) and fruit acids full of Vitamin C that can help remove dead skin cells and tighten pores. Also, antoxidants help to prevent skin problems will reveal bright and clear skin while simultaneously helping to stave off the effects of ageing, such as enlarged pores as well as troubled skin problems.  Also included in the kit is a spatula for hygienic purposes."

I loooove this adorable Strawberry!!! This is the cutest mask! I have featured this mask on a past Skincare Sunday post - you can see the whole review here! I really like this mask, it is very deep cleaning, but is hard to rinse off.



June 7
Hanaka Macaron Facial Mask - Q10 Essence ~ $3.90. Has properties of moisturizing, purifing pores, balancing oil and water, strengthen skin, making the skin elastic and dynamic.

Here is another cute mask - it's a Macaron! I also featured this for Skincare Sunday - you can see the full review here if you are interested! It was a clear gel that you smoothed on - it was a little hard to rinse off. It made my skin feel very moisturized and soft! 



June 8
Foodaholic Snail Natural Essence 3D mask ~ $2.30 per mask ($22.98 for a pack of 10). Is a nutritious mask which contains Snail Secretion Filtrate effective for skin to nourish and elasticity, filled skin with rich moisture and makes the skin tight and shiny. It gives your skin a fresh cool feeling and is rich with moisture and nourishment for healthier skin. This mask will tighten your skin and provide long lasting moisture with moisture retaining properties.

I received this in the February Mask Genie Pouch - it was described as an inexpensive starter 3D mask. 3D means that it fits all the way around the chin - the fit was snug and secure and I liked it. It was saturated with essence, but no extra in the package. I wore it for 30 minutes and it made my skin nice and soft! I liked it. 



June 10
Seacret Recover Day Masque ~ $349.95 full size. Recover your skin’s youthful beauty with Recover Day Masque. SEACRET™’s revolutionary new mask, with patented silica microstructures that bind together to physically lift and smooth your skin, instantly diminishing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. With consistent use, the Day Masque works to break the aging cycle, for amazing results – without needles or surgery. For a special occasion, or no occasion at all, look years younger with SEACRET™’s Recover Day Masque, enriched with Dead Sea Minerals. Masque your age.

I was given a sample of this to try by a Seacret rep. While I did see a reduction in fine lines with this, I would not pay that much for full size!! 


June 11
The Face Shop Rice Mask ~ $2. A mask sheet that has rice extract keeps the skin spot-free and bright.

I have featured this mask over the last couple of Month of Masks in review - it will be featured on the next couple as well because this is one of my favorite masks to use! Every time I use it, it makes my skin so bright and refreshed! It is a must when your skin just needs a perk-up! 


June 13
Baroness Pomegranate Mask Sheet ~ $1.80. This moisturizing Baroness facial mask sheet is highly concentrated with pomegranate extracts which refresh, heal, and firm the skin. It reduces skin discoloration and regenerates the cells for an all over clean complexion.

This is your typical sheet mask - it can well saturated in the package but did not have extra essence in the package. It smelled really great, but it fit really big and I found it hard to wear because of that! It was just okay, I would use it again, but would not go buy it for myself. 


June 14
Nextbeau Collagen Piggy Mask with Vitamin ~ $1.80. Give yourself the thumbs up after purchasing this sheet mask. Keep your skin vibrant and sleek with the benefical qualities of NEXTBEAU Collagen Piggy Mask no. With Vitamin/Collagen. Use on troubled skin for amazing effects. 

This packaging is so cute!! This mask came very soaked in essence and had lots of extra essence in the package as well. This wasn't my favorite fitting mask - it didn't quite cover my nose and then had a ton of extra sheet around the cheeks. It did have tabs and managed to wrap up securely even though it was quite big. It did make my skin feel good after!

June 14
Viicode O2M Oxygen Mask ~ $55 for 6 treatments. This mask works to make the skin around your eyes firm and smooth, thus eliminating wrinkles and lightening dark circles by strengthening and healing the skin.


Repeat! I wore these at the start of the month too - this was my last pack of them! It was the only time too that they fell off in the middle of the night. Again, I love wearing these before the start of my work week! 



June 15
Elizavecca Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask ~ $16.90. This mask is described as:
"Creamy clay mask purges pores clean of excess sebum and trapped dirt with thousands of tiny bubbles diving deep into pores for a thorough clean. Clarifying clay tightens and tones, drying out blemishes and preventing future ones from taking root for improved skin clarity. To prevent pore congestion, treat face to a clay mask at least twice a week."

I have featured this mask on a past Wine + Mask Wednesday - you can see the full post here! This is a very deep cleaning mask - I needed a good pore clean out and this did the trick! I love this mask and it is so fun, but it is a little stinky! 


June 17
The Face Shop Real Nature Sheet Mask - Acai Berry ~ $2. "This Acai Berry Face Mask offers you soft, firm skin in no time! As a powerful antioxidant, acai has toning and invigorating properties that are perfect for tired skin."

This mask was featured on a Wine and Mask Wednesday, and if you are interested you can go here and see the full review! This mask was soaked in essence, but the fit was a bit bigger than I prefer. This mask made my skin feel great, and I think the Face Shop are some of my favorite inexpensive masks - most have been great!! 



June 19
Fruits and Passion Vitamin C Hydrogel Mask ~ $3. This refreshing Hydro Gel Face Mask with a vitamin C derivative and blood orange extract contains an essence specially formulated to improve the appearance of your skin. Your skin is hydrated, soothed and refreshed.

I was really excited to try my first Hydrogel mask - and when I bought this Fruits and Passion had a buy 1 get 1 free sale and free shipping so it was a great deal!! It was very interesting because it came in 2 pieces! So you fit the top half on your face and the place the bottom half overlapping it! I really liked this mask - I thought it have enough essence (but not too much) so it didn't slip and slide over the face. The hydrogel is nice and cooling and my skin felt great after! 


June 20
To Go Spa Coconut Eyes ~ $4.17 (pack of 3 for $12.50). Hydrate, Nourish, Soothe and Moisturize your under eyes leaving them refreshed and rejuvenated.

I used these before my bridal shower - they are great at reducing any puffiness and dark circles. They do slip around a little bit, but they are very refreshing and are cooling if you put them in the fridge for a little bit first (which I do)! This was my last pack, so I will buy more eventually! 


June 20
Ecopure Essential Watermelon Juice! ~ $0.81 ($4.07 for 5). This mask adds quick moisture and soothes skin from heat - has 3 layers of sheets for high absorption.

This mask had lots of extra essence in the package! It smelled really great and fit well. It was a good mask, but nothing really amazing! 


June 22
Innisfree Skin Solution Mask "Total Care" ~ $1.92. Unbleached pure cotton mask to reduce wrinkles and brighten the skin.

I have featured Innisfree masks in my past Monthly Mask reviews because they are also really great, inexpensive sheet masks! I have to say, overall I think Innisfree has the best mask material - it is so soft and awesome! This mask had lots of extra essence and made my skin feel great!


June 25
Be Fine Cucumber Facial Mask ~ sample size 1 oz for $6.25 (full size is 4 oz for $25). Exactly what the skin craves during the warmer months, our Cucumber Cooling Mask revitalizes, repairs and rejuvenates the complexion. Cucumber Extract removes dead skin cells while soothing and tightening the skin. Pomegranate Extract, which is loaded with antioxidants, helps repair the skin and keeps it looking its youngest. Watermelon Extract reduces the break down of DNA in skin cells while keeping them hydrated.

I just received this in my June Ipsy bag and could not wait to get to try this mask because it smelled so good! So light and cucumbery, it was awesome. This a great 5 minute mask, it went on really smoothly and rinsed off really easily! Usually clay based masks are a bit harder to remove but this one was great! I really like this mask! 


June 25
Etude House - Sunshine in a Spoon Yogurt Scrub Massage - Raspberry ~ $2.25 for 1 packet. This yogurt wash-off pack gently massages the skin with its peeling particles. The raspberry has an antioxidant effect that provides rich vitamins to achieve clear and soft skin.

IThis was actually a bit more of an exfoliant than a mask, but I received it in a mask bag so I will use it as a mask! It had a very gentle scrub to it and felt great! 


June 25
Hanaka Marigold + Vitamin A Oil-Control Mask ~ $1.80. Marigold and Vitamin A offer anti-aging and anti-acne properties as well as oil control. This mask is made out of 100% natural wood pulp fiber from Japan and is completly decomposable after use, an eco-friendly mask! 

I have used a couple other Hanaka masks over the last couple of months and I cannot rave about the mask texture enough! They are so soft, it is unreal! They are the best fitting sheet masks I have tried! This one did not dissapoint, and I will repurchase Hanaka sheet masks!


 June 27
BioRepublic Aloe Rescue Revitalizing Sheet Mask ~ $4.99. A skin revitalizing facial mask infused with natural aloe vera extract, phytocollagen, and vitamin e: Soothes dry skin, perfect for after sun use, and Provides immediate hydration for healthy, revitalized, and lush skin.

I just received these in a product swap - they were given out in the June Ipsy bag and I was jealous I didn't receive the sheet masks! This mask is super thin - I have opened a ton of sheet masks before without ripping them, and this one I ripped! I still made this one fit and it had a nice light scent to it. It had a good amount of essence on the mask, and no extra in the package. It was good - I am not sure I would pay $5 for one though.



SNP Animal Dragon Sooth Mask ~ $2.71. Removes discomfort, itching, and dry skin redness. Effectively relieves stress and relaxes the skin. Restores the hydro-lipid balance and controls the sebaceous glands. 

I love these animal masks - they are so cool! My 10 year old son just loved this one on me! This mask came with a ton of extra essence in the package (but it was green, so I was a touch worried my skin could turn out green - it didn't thank goodness!). This was very soothing, and my skin felt and looked great afterwards! 

In June I used 22 masks and most of them I really liked! I like to look back over the month and see what I have used, what I liked and what I disliked! 

I hope you enjoy these mask posts, and I recommend you use a mask at least twice a week, but I try and use them a lot more than that for more benefits! 

No comments :

Post a Comment