Saturday, June 27, 2015

June 2015 - Ipsy Glam Bag Beauty Subscription Review

Ipsy is one of the inexpensive beauty bag sample subscriptions. You receive 4-5 deluxe sample size or full size products each month. The cost is $10 US (+ $4.95 shipping to Canada). 

Ipsy is generally make-up products with a mix of skincare, nail polish, and hair products based on a beauty profile you complete. There is usually 12-18 products that are selected from each month! You can view your "glam room" online that tells you all the products you will receive each month. You also receive a make-up bag each month with your products.

Here is a look at the June Ipsy Bag:


The theme for this month is "Swim into Beauty" - Salt in the air, sand in our hair. Cue the lifeguards because summer will be 5 times the fun when you dive into these beauty must-haves for June. Ipsy does not include a product card, instead you log into your account and view everything online.

I have to start with the bag, did anyone else think from this photo that the bag was going to be waterproof?

I was super excited about a waterproof bag - and then I tested it and realized that it was not! Boo - it does have a liner inside which is nice. It's not my favorite bag, but it's not bad! 

Here is a look at the products I received:

Be Fine Cucumber Facial Mask ~ sample size 1 oz for $6.25 (full size is 4 oz for $25). Exactly what the skin craves during the warmer months, our Cucumber Cooling Mask revitalizes, repairs and rejuvenates the complexion. Cucumber Extract removes dead skin cells while soothing and tightening the skin. Pomegranate Extract, which is loaded with antioxidants, helps repair the skin and keeps it looking its youngest. Watermelon Extract reduces the break down of DNA in skin cells while keeping them hydrated.

When I opened my bag, this mask was the only thing I could smell. It's not a bad thing though, it smells sooo good! Just like cucumbers! This is a quick mask - you put on a thin layer and rinse off in 5 minutes. I loved it and thought it was a lot easier to rinse off than most clay based masks! 

Glamierre Flat Top Concealer Brush ~ $12.95 (on sale currently for $5.95). Sun Spots, Blemishes, or Small Imperfections? The mini Flat works great with liquid concealer from the dense bristles; the liquid goes on your face and not into the bristles. The flat top gives all over, even coverage.

This is a nice, soft brush! Sadly, I just bought a new brush set with a concealer brush so I actually traded this with a co-worker for another item (I will show you this at the end of the post!)




Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Foundation Primer ~ sample size 0.25 oz for $11 (full size 1 oz for $44). The silky blend of vitamins and antioxidants smooths and perfects skin, while the unique formula supports natural collagen and fills in fine lines and pores for a flawless finish. 
I have never tried this primer before, and I am looking forward to using it!! It is a cult favorite so I am happy to try it! 

TreStiQue Mini Shadow Crayon "Pink Pearl" ~ $10.67 (full size is 3 minis for $32). This amazing 12 hour eye shadow has customizable color that you can build from a subtle wash to intense vibrancy. It’s also super blendable with a crease free, smooth finish.
I prefer solid eyeshadow to a crayon, so I think I am going to pass this item on! 

Formula X Nail Polish in "Power Source" ~ sample size 0.13 oz for $4.23 (full size is 0.4 oz for $13). Make sparks fly in this charismatic hot coral pink nail polish. Formula X Power Source is a universally flattering shade delivered in a patented No Compromise formula for xtraordinary color, xceptional performance, and xtra long-lasting shine. Infused with ShineXcel™, a luminescent ingredient that enhances color and overall brilliance. 
I was expecting a full size nail polish, but I don't mind getting smaller sizes because I have so many polishes to get through! "Power Source" is described as a hot coral color. 

In total, I received 5 products (1 full size), with a total value of $45.10. This is a great value and I thought this bag had a great mixture of items. I was pretty happy with everything! There was a couple things I would not use but I will pass them on to someone who will like them! 

If you would like to view my past Ipsy reviews, you can go here.

What did you get in this month's Ipsy bag? What did you think of this month's bag?

No comments :

Post a Comment