Friday, May 15, 2015

May 2015 Ipsy Glambag - Beauty Subscription Review

Ipsy is one of the inexpensive beauty bag sample subscriptions. You receive 4-5 deluxe sample size or full size products each month. The cost is $10 US (+ $4.95 shipping to Canada). 

Ipsy is generally make-up products with a mix of skincare, nail polish, and hair products based on a beauty profile you complete. There is usually 12-18 products that are selected from each month! You can view your "glam room" online that tells you all the products you will receive each month. You also receive a make-up bag each month with your products.

Ipsy always ships out in it's signature pink mailer - which I forgot to take a picture of this month! Here is a look at my May Ipsy Bag:


I have to say that I LOOOOVE this month's make-up bag! It is so cute! 

The theme this month is "Jetsetter" - Buckle up, buttercup. We'll bring you the beauty essentials, and you bring the flair. Celeb status or not, we're flying first class to fabulous, and the sky's the limit. Jetlag is for amateurs. 

Here is a closer look at the goodies inside:

Briogeo Rosarco Milk - Reparative Leave-In Conditioning Spray ~ sample size 1 oz for $4.90 (full size is 5.1 oz for $25). This ultra lightweight leave-in conditioning spray fortifies your hair with nourishing rosehip, argan, and coconut oils. Its silicone-free formula adds hydration & moisture without weighing hair down.

I'm not normally a big fan of hair products, I just don't use a ton of them, but this smells amazing!! I haven't tried it yet, but the reviews look good so I think I will give this a go! 



Skone Cosmetics - Pretty Eyes Automatic Eyeliner in "Navy" ~ full size $15. Pretty Eyes automatic eyeliner pencil delivers long-lasting, rich, intensive color. Effortlessly smooth application and super creamy formula. The easy twist tip pushes product to the top so there's no sharpening. Perfect for lining the eyes or creating wings.

I'm just going to go ahead and say, I wouldn't really call this navy, it is quite a bit brighter than what I envision for a navy blue. But, I don't dislike this. I actually think this will make a great lower lash eye liner for the summer time!! 



Klorane Smoothing and Relaxing Patches ~ 2 sets for $5.14 (7 sets for $18). These soothing eye patches refresh, moisturize and brighten tired eyes. Formulated with a unique combination of cornflower to naturally soothe and reduce puffiness; arnica to drain the eye contour; and chamomile to refresh and provide anti-inflammatory benefits. Eyes are instantly brighter with bags and lines visibly reduced.

I have been waiting a long time to get masks from Ipsy - so yay!! I love me some eye masks!! I am looking forward to trying these out! 



Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Lip Pencil ~ sample size 0.03 oz for $18 (full size is 0.04 oz for $24). Get primed and ready for action. Urban Decay's long-lasting, waterproof liner glides on smoothly to prime AND define—for long-lasting lip color and clean lines. Smooch. Pout. Smack. Nibble. Lick. 24/7 stays put through everything (yes, EVERYTHING) you do. When you use this liner to fill in your lips completely, it primes them for lipstick or gloss, grabbing on to color to help it last.

I haven't really thought about a lip priming pencil before, but I use a primer for my face and eyes so why not for lips as well? I actually think this is a good idea prior to lipstick or stain so that the color goes on smooth! I will be using this! This is also a very generous sample size, I thought it was full size but noticed Sephora had it listed as 0.04 oz so very close! This came with 2 shades of lip gloss to try as well - one is super purple and probably not something I can pull off!



It Cosmetics - Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream with SPF 50 ~ sample size 0.135 oz for $2.85 (full size is 1.8 oz for $38). CC+ Cream with SPF 50+ is truly a multi-tasking beauty miracle. It's a full-coverage Color Correcting Cream, Anti-Aging serum, plus Broad Spectrum Physical Only SPF 50+ all in one! The SPF 50+ UVA/UVB Physical Only sunscreen protects against the rays that both burn and age your skin. CC+ is infused with cutting edge anti-aging technology and is clinically proven to improve skin texture, brightness and increase skin hydration by 79%.
So second ingredient in this product is SNAILS! Woo hoo bring on the snail makeup - if you read my blog regularly then you know I love anything snail related! This product is highly reviewed and I am looking forward to trying it! 

So for $15, I received 5 products (2 full size) with a total value of $45.89! I thought this bag had a great mix of skincare, makeup and hair products - I will actually use everything in this bag and I don't say that often! I thought Ipsy did great this month selecting my products me! (While the last few had great values, they didn't always have products that are great for me, so I am very happy with this!)

If you would like to view my past Ipsy reviews, you can go here.


 What did you get in this month's Ipsy bag? What did you think of this month's bag?

No comments :

Post a Comment