Wednesday, May 20, 2015

May 2015 Beauty Box 5 - Beauty Subscription Box Review

Beauty Box 5 is a monthly subscription box that costs $12 US per month + $3 shipping to Canada. If you sign up for a longer subscription, you get a lower price per box: $30 quarterly, and $99 a year ( plus $3 shipping per month). 

Beauty Box 5 has been referred to as the"starter beauty box" - it does not send many high end products and the value tends to be lower than other boxes, but they have sent out really good products! 

*As of late, Beauty Box 5's boxes have been very up and down - they have had some great products; however, there have been very low box values and not so good products. I would suggest that you read reviews and see if it is products you like!*


This is actually my last Beauty Box 5 box - I subscribed last year for 1 whole year and chose not to re-subscribe. While there have been some good boxes over the year, there has also been some terrible boxes! I do recommend reading past reviews and making sure that you like what this box offers prior to subscribing!  

Here is my May 2015 Beauty Box 5:


Beauty Box 5 always comes in a signature blue box and this was probably the earliest I have seen it delivered!! It usually comes as the last box every month! 

Beauty Box 5 always includes a product card explaining their "theme" and listing the products included:


And here is a closer look at the products included:

Coastal Scents Classic/Synthetic Brush ~ $2.49. Give a girl the right brush and she can conquer the world - or at least, her eyebrows. 

So this is a shadow brush - I just don't know which one! I like Coastal Scents so this is good for me. 

Bio Swiss Stainless Steel Mini Tweezer ~ $4.99. These Red Bio Swiss 2-1/4" long tweezers come with included red end-capped transparent carry tube. The precision-aligned slant head tweezer tips are constructed of quality stainless steel. This discreet mini size is a perfect on-the-go tool with matching carry tube.

I actually needed to buy a new pair of tweezers, so I am happy I didn't yet! While tools like these are not my favorite additions in beauty boxes, I will take more tools over discontinued makeup any day! 



Dermalogica Active Moist ~ sample size 0.24 oz for $4.24 (full size is 3.4 oz for $60). This oil-free, lightweight moisturizer in a sheer, easy-to-apply formula helps hydrate combination skin. Contains Silk Amino Acids and a unique combination of plant extracts that help improve skin texture and combat surface dehydration. Formulated without artificial fragrances and colors.

I love Dermalogica products - I wish that Beauty Box 5 had included this forever ago! It's not the biggest sample in the world, but I love this lotion so I am happy! 

Essenza Luxury Hand Soap "Rosemary Mint" ~ sample size 2 oz for $0.59 (full size is 16.9 oz for $4.99). Refresh with a bouquet of rosemary and mint from the Mediterranean. ESSENZA’s Rosemary Mint luxury hand soap is formulated with pure essential oils, shea butter, aloe, and mild moisturizing cleansers.

I'm not really sure what I am supposed to do with a sample size hand soap?! It just isn't something I would carry around in my purse (like a hand sanitizer) or use at home so I'm really pleased with this product. I'm sure I will find somewhere to bring it, but for me it just isn't something I am happy about getting in a beauty box. 



Styli-Style Glide-on Blush Stick in "Bittersweet" ~ full size $6.49. Avoid clown cheeks with our 100% product control blush stick that deposits a light sheen of color that blends in easily into the skin. Keep sweeping the stick across your cheeks to build your custom color.
Bittersweet is described as a brown/pink and just isn't a color for me. I like the idea of this product and liked that it was full size, so I will pass this on! 


Altogether, I received 5 products (3 are full size) with a total value of $18.80. This is a decent value (this is around what I generally expect from Beauty Box 5), and overall I am happy with the contents of this box. I like the brush, tweezers, and moisturizer, but the soap and blush were not good for me.  

While there have been some good products over the year in Beauty Box 5, I am glad that my year is done and I can focus on some subscriptions that I still really love getting! 

What did you think of the May box? 

No comments :

Post a Comment