Monday, April 20, 2015

April 2015 Ipsy Glam Bag - Beauty Subscription Review

Ipsy is one of the inexpensive beauty bag sample subscriptions. You receive 4-5 deluxe sample size or full size products each month. The cost is $10 US (+ $4.95 shipping to Canada). 

Ipsy is generally make-up products with a mix of skincare, nail polish, and hair products based on a beauty profile you complete. There is usually 12-18 products that are selected from each month! You can view your "glam room" online that tells you all the products you will receive each month. You also receive a make-up bag each month with your products.

Here is a look at my April Ipsy Bag:


The theme of the April Glam Bag is "Beautifully Bohemian"


Here is a closer look at the products inside:

Pandora's Makeup Box Pink Carnation Blush ~ refill 0.14 oz for $14.00. Pandora’s Makeup Box Pink Carnation Blush is suitable for all skin tones and made with long-lasting, vibrant pigments with a silky texture for easy application. The formula is designed for professional use and contains the best quality pigment and ingredients to highlight the cheekbone for the ultimate glowing texture and color.

This color is described as a peachy-pink - I would describe it as darker than that. I don't mind the color, but I'm not thrilled with the packaging. This is a refill so it doesn't come with a proper container. I will likely still use it, but they can do better. 

The Balm Nude Dude Shadow in "Fit" ~ single eye shadow $3 (full sized palette is 12 shadows for $36). Get a quick look using any combination of these triple-milled shadows or dress up your look by adding water to transform your favorite shades into loyal liners. The shadows can be worn wet or dry and alone or layered for added intensity, so go ahead and cover (or uncover) your eyes.

I received "Fit" which is described as a shimmering copper. I feel like overall with all the boxes I receive, I have gotten this color a lot lately! I'm not complaining - I wear neutrals all the time, I just have too many right now! 


MICA Beauty Eye Primer ~ sample size 4g for $22.48 (full size is 8g for $44.95). MicaBeauty Eye Primer is perfect for everything from sealing in eye shadows and foundation, to enhancing your all-day look. Go from shimmer to matte in just seconds. This waterproof formula provides the perfect foundation for a long-lasting, smudge proof look that is designed for your active lifestyle. This eye primer helps even out skin tone as well as extending and intensifying your mineral eye shadows, without creasing, smearing, or fading. 

Oh my, was there ever controversy surrounding this product! Everyone was freaking out because there appeared to be mold in this primer. Ipsy emailed everyone explaining that it was air bubbles that occurred during the packaging process. I simply took a pin and touched it, and ta-dah the air bubble popped and all was good (maybe if everyone took a breath and checked before freaking out, it would not have gotten out of hand!). Now I prefer my eye primers to come in a tube as I find them easier to apply. This one was slightly harder to use just in terms of using a brush or finger in the pot. The color is nice and light and it is a good size sample - I will use it (but not re-purchase for $45!)

Mullein & Sparrow Mini Lip and Cheek Tint ~ full "mini" size $10. The Mullein & Sparrow Mini Lip & Cheek Tint is an all-natural, sheer, tinted balm that gives your lips and cheeks a slight flush and dewy finish. Apply desired amount to lips for nourishment, protection, and color. Dab a small amount on cheeks as a light cream blush. It’s perfect for beauty on-the-go; it brightens the whole face with a sheer rosey flush for the cheeks, gloss for the lips, and a sweet orange scent!

Here is the 2nd item that created controversy this month! No one liked the smell of of this product and complained to Ipsy that they thought it way moldy! Ipsy had to issue a statement that because this product is all natural it smells a little "musky". It does, but it's not bad! Now on to the product, I was actually upset that that I received 2 lip and 2 cheek products this month - plus this color looked dark. I swiped this on my hand like 10 times and it is not very tinted at all - I would not use it as a cheek tint. It is very soft though, so I really like it as a lipgloss! 



Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Moisturizing Lipstick in "Red Door Red" ~ full size $25. Clinically proven to keep lips moisturized all day, Beautiful Color Moisturizing Lipstick is infused with moisture-enriched pigments that provide rich, lasting color and leave your lips feeling soft and smooth.
Wow! This is super bright - red lipstick is just not my look! I'm not that bold when it comes to lip colors so I am going to pass this on! 

So for $15, I received 5 products (4 full sized!) with a total value of $74.48! Holy moly - that is a great value!!! I am very happy with most of these products - the only thing I will not use is the lipstick (but it is awesome and full size so someone will love it!) This month was very make-up heavy - looking at the other products, I wish I had at least received 1 of the moisturizers/serum/etc. 

 What did you get in this month's Ipsy bag? What did you think of this month's bag?

No comments :

Post a Comment